Monday, July 5, 2010

United front?! Pffffft

Ok, a bit of background: A few months ago we put a digital clock in Belle's room with some duct tape over the minutes so all she can see is the hour. On the duct tape I wrote a big number "7" and told her that she could get up once the numbers matched.
It has worked great since then but for the last couple of weeks Chris has been getting up at 6am to have a shower (now that we're a one car family, he gets a lift to work with my Mum). Annabelle hears the fan and water going and decides to get up. I have been trying to get it through to her that just because Daddy is up, doesn't mean it's time for her to get up.

This morning, 6:15am. *rattle rattle* at the gate. "Muuuummmmmyyyyyy". I get up, go into her room and spend 10 mins trying once again to explain "No lights on until 7". Much wimpering and complaining but she eventually snuggles back down under the covers, content to chat to Pooh Bear until 7.

Chris gets out of the bathroom, says goodbye to me and heads down the hallway. And sticks his head into Annabelle's room to say goodbye. Lots of whispering and then *flick*. On comes the light.
I call out: "No, no light on until 7". Chris says loudly to Annabelle, "sorry, I've been told the light has to be off". You can imagine what happens next. Crying and wimpering and blah blah blah. Needless to say, the light went on. Grrrrrrr.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I love that whole duct tape/matching thing. I can not wait until Charlotte is old enough to do that!!

Claire Bear said...

Hehehe I was amazed how quickly she got the hang of it actually!